Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The day is looming

Well, the day of the funeral is looming closer. I am starting to dread it more and more. I don't want to say the final goodbye yet. I'm not ready. I guess I never would be. I am not sure it has sunk in yet that she is truly gone.

Tonight I did a crafty project for the memory table. When Granny began hospice they provided my aunt with an information package that included a little book with a lot of great information in it. Also included in that booklet was a writing by Henry Van Dyke explaining death. My aunt took a couple of paragraphs from it and is going to use that in the little memory card thing that you get at funerals. She also wanted it framed, so she asked me to "make it pretty." I am really happy with the way it turned out.

Last night my aunt and I went to our Stampin' Up club. It really helped to get our minds off of things for a couple of hours. Since mama and my other aunt is in town, they attended with us. I think they had a good time as well.

Yesterday I had to take my daughter to the doctor. We thought she had strep throat, but luckily she doesn't. She has a viral infection. No meds were prescribed, so she is just to fight it off with Mortrin. She seems to be getting better already, so hopefully we won't have a relapse. I guess I will go ahead and send her to school tomorrow since she doesn't have a fever. I need the time to get ready for the viewing anyway.

Kiddo did a drawing for Granny and took it to her this past Saturday. We have decided it will make the trip to heaven with her. When Pappy died I wrote him a letter and put kiddos picture in it and sent that to heaven with him. I am going to write Granny a letter as well. I've been trying to write it in my head for a couple of days now and there is just too much to say. I don't even know where to begin! Hopefully her letter will come to me Friday morning as easily as Pappy's did the morning of his funeral. My aunts told me that when Granny passed she had Daniella's picture on her chest.

I can barely keep my eyes open tonight. Maybe sleep will come easily.

No comments: