Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Twilight and and evening in the ER

I have literally been "bitten" by the "Twilight" frenzy now! When I first became aware of the series I thought, "What in the world could all the fuss be about?! Especially about a fictional vampire." Holy. Mother. Of. God. NOW I get it! I am completely and totally in love with a fictional vampire. Where in the hell are the real men that are half as good as Edward?! Yes, I am married and I love my husband, but Edward doesn't hold a candle to him in the romance department. (Sorry, honey. You know it's true!)

I actually started reading the book a couple of weeks ago and was a bit unsure about it. The first couple of chapters didn't really grab me. I kept at it though and am soooo glad I did! It didn't actually take me the two weeks to read it once it got me sucked in, but I had a couple of things come up between the time I read the first couple of chapters and when I was able to sit down and devour the rest. Now I am almost halfway through "New Moon." (I started it yesterday.) I am not liking it quite as much, yet, because of the beginning between Edward and Bella. (If you've read it, you know what I'm talking about.) I am needing more Edward!

Now, on to our excitement of the ER visit......

Tuesday evenings my kiddo usually goes to visit her Nana and Papaw for a few hours. Last night was no exception. Papaw picked her up from MDO and all was well. I went to Hendersonville with Aunt Z to pay a bill of hers and just as we walked into Target my dad called and said kiddo wanted to come home right then because there was a slight accident. My heart skipped a beat and I, of course, asked what the problem was. I could tell my dad was pretty upset because his voice was a bit shaky. He explained that they had been coming across the field from his shop with him drving his Club Car and kiddo walking. She didn't want to ride, like usual, she wanted to walk the whole way. Well, somehow she ended up tripping and he accidentally ran over her foot with the Club Car! He was devestated. We decided to meet at the nearest ER to have her foot x-rayed.

When we arrived at the ER we checked in and they advised it would be a bit before she could go back because a couple of ambulances had arrived. No big deal. We were there about an hour before she was seen by a nurse and then probably an hour more before the doctor saw her. They x-rayed her foot and it was only bruised on the inside, no broken bones. Thank goodness! However, we did end up spending four hours of our day in the hospital to be told that. I don't really understand why it always takes so long in the ER.

My dad still feels so bad about the whole thing. He took kiddo to lunch and to see "Hotel For Dogs" today. I think they will both heal just fine!

No comments: