Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tearful Tuesday at MDO dropoff

So, lately drop off for MDO (mother's day out) has been a little hard. Today was the first time she's actually cried though since the first of the year. Kiddo has never really loved the thought of going to MDO on Tuesday's and Thursday's, but once she gets there she has had a great time. It seems to be that way with a lot of kids.

Anyway, this year, her last year in MDO before kindergarten, has been a bit hard on her. She's not really good with change and we've had a lot of them this year. Her teacher has changed now three times. No, not because the school is bad or the teachers are shitty, we have just been delt a bit of a different hand. Her initial teacher she really, really liked. However, she left at Christmas break to go back to a full time teaching job. A mom of one of the little girls in her class then came in after Christmas to be the new teacher, but she would eventually need a six week break when she delivered her baby. Well, she wasn't there but maybe three times and started having blood pressure trouble so they had to deliver her early. So, now we are on teacher number three, but only for six weeks until second teacher comes back. Whew, confused yet?

The last couple of times I have dropped kiddo off she has been a bit sad, but never cried. Just gave me an extra tight hug and a good, big kiss. This morning, the tears finally came. It just broke my heart. She clung to me and told me she would just miss me so much. She just HAD to go home! We went through the normal, "You'll be okay, you'll have fun, you'll do lots of cool things today" spill and none of it seemed to work. A little boy in her class came up and told her, "D, you can't leave today. I would miss you if you went home!" He then tried to entertain her with hopping on one foot. She was having none of it.

Finally, after about five minutes, she calmed down a bit and I tried to tell her goodbye. She then informed me I could not leave until her tears had stopped. She was embarrassed! Of course, at the decible she was wailing there for a bit, no wonder she was embarrassed. LOL She then calmed down and had a great day at school.

However, I came home feeling like the shitty mean mom for making her heartbroken kid stay at MDO. I tried to tell myself (and I've told her this before as well) that when she goes to kindergarten she will have to go everyday no matter if she wants to or not. We don't really have a choice. We'll see how well that goes!

Oh, on an aside note, I'm finally getting into "Twilight." I think I'm finally going to understand what all the fuss is about. Wooohooo!!!!

No comments: