Sunday, February 1, 2009

High school drama

*Disclaimer* Please note that in this post I am going to seem just as much "high school drama" as what I am about to bitch about, but this has been bottled up for a long time. I apologize and please realize, this is not usually my style.

In this post we are going to refer to my former friends as "Bimbo" and "Jiggly."

In high school I had a very tight circle of friends. We just did our own thing and didn't bother anyone else and no one bothered us. One in particular, Bimbo, had been my very best friend since the 6th grade. In high school "Jiggly" entered into the mix. I really thought that Bimbo and I would be friends for life. However, fate had other plans. Both of us got boyfriends, which would generally be no big deal, but mine ended up causing a strain in mine and Bimbo's friendship. To the point that after graduation, we no longer spoke. Jiggly had kind of taken up her spot as my "best friend."

Now, Jiggly and I were not as close as Bimbo and I had been, and never would be, even if this friendship had lasted. Jiggly truly got on my nerves. She was loud and opinionated and thought she was "the shit." However, she was fun to have around on occasions and what not.

Anyway, fast-forward a few years and Bimbo and I had worked out our differences, my boyfriend that had caused the rift was now my ex-husband, and I thought that things would be good again. Sometime in that few years Bimbo and Jiggly had gotten in contact again and had already been working on their friendship as well. This caused us all to have a different dynamic with each other then before, and mine and Bimbos friendship would never truly heal. At least, I see that now in hindsight. Jiggly and I didn't really have a strong friendship history to work out, so we just kind of picked up and went on.

A couple of years ago after some pretty unpleasant things happened to me (not at Bimbo and Jiggly's hands) I started to really take stock in who I wanted to have in my life and who I did not. After several months of consideration, I decided it was time to just cut the cord all together with Bimbo and Jiggly. Even though both of them had kids, one was married and one was divorced, they had never really got out of the "high school drama" state of mind. They still had to talk to each other on the phone multiple times a day, and half the time it was about stupid stuff. For example, what they were wearing that day, what they had for breakfast, the latest gossip, etc. They expected me to spend this much time on the phone with them as well. Uh, no. Not happening. I have a life. A husband, a child, and real issues to deal with. Also, Bimbo was divorced and back in the dating pool and that was causing some major strain in mine and hubby's marriage. When Bimbo would come into town she would expect me and Jiggly to go out with her to the clubs and what not so she could find a guy. It should be stated that Bimbo is EXTREMELY low on self esteem and has to have a boyfriend at all times or else she feels like she's no good. She is constantly asking how she looks, etc. It's sad really.

Anyway, back on track here. I just cut the tie. They seemingly got pissed because there was a nasty post on MySpace about me, but whatever. Again, I had moved on past that kind of thing. Well, it has come to my attention, through the grapevine, that they are still poking fun at me a good year and a half after I cut my ties! How extremely pathetic is that? Really. It just goes to show that I was right and they will never grow up. After I had cut my tie with them, I just let them dissipate into my past. Didn't think much about them or anything. I could see how much happier I have been with new friends in my life and didn't have time to dwell on them.

So, why blog about this? I really don't know. I have no idea what point I'm trying to make. I guess it was just what I said, they will never grow up.

Jiggly will forever be the extremely large, loud mouthed, opinionated, bully she ever was. She will always think her opinion is the only one that matters, or is correct. She will always have to duplicate everything that Bimbo does in order to feel cool and in style. (At least, as much as a size 24 girl can copy a size 4 girls style.) She will always have to be on the phone with Bimbo multiple times a day talking about stupid shit and/or gossip that she probably only knows less then half the truth of.

Bimbo will always be the self absorbed, self conscience, bleached blond, fake boobed, temper tantrum girl she ever was. She will forever be marrying and divorcing the poor schmucks who fall for her and taking what she can from them. She will always be talking on the phone with Jiggly about the same stupid shit. Nothing she ever has will be good enough. She will always be on the hunt for something bigger and better. She will always be in a plastic surgeons office so she can be desirable to the opposite sex.

The most important thing will be that they will always be talking about or making fun of me! Who knew that little ole me would be worthy of such long time gossip? If I could say one thing to them, it would be, "Ladies, we all turn 30 this year. It's time to grow up and quit acting like you're still in high school. It's really unbecoming and you look like losers."

Now, with all that has been said, let me just make clear that I am for sure no paragon of adult behavior. I never said I was. I enjoy going out and having a good time, I can act immature with the best of people. However, there has to be a time to leave gossip and backstabbing behind. Some of us just have no learned that yet.

Good times, y'all.

No comments: